Expanding Representation in Geosciences (ERG) Scholarship
Undergraduate students from groups who are underrepresented in the geosciences are encouraged to apply or be nominated for a scholarship. Up to six awards include $1,500 scholarship, student membership, and full meeting registration for the GSA Connects 2021. Qualified applicants must be U.S. Citizens studying at an accredited university or college in one of GSA’s regional sections (including Canada and Mexico).
In addition to a cash award, students will also receive complimentary GSA student membership and meeting
registration for this year’s GSA Connects 2021, where a student awards reception will be held.
Application Deadline: 15 May 2021
Please email questions to: email@example.com
||Alexa Terrazas, University of California, Los Angeles
||McKenna Riggen, The University of Texas at Austin
||Kierra Wilk, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
||Alice Morris, Fort Lewis College
||Brittany Bray, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
||Amanda Mayo, The University of Tennessee at Martin
Student Application Requirements
Be a U.S. citizen and a member of an underrepresented group;
Has taken at least two (2) introductory geoscience courses;
Be enrolled in additional geoscience courses in the upcoming academic year; and
Be a current undergraduate student member of GSA.
Application and Timeline
- Submit a completed online application form, and all letters of recommendation, emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than the deadline.
- Uploaded a copy of your unofficial transcript.
- Uploaded a copy of your fall 2021 schedule.
- Confirm with the student that he/she is a member of an underrepresented group.
- Verify that the student has completed two introductory geoscience courses and is enrolled in geosciences
classes for the upcoming academic year.
- Applications will be forwarded to the GSA Diversity in the Geosciences Committee for review.
- All awards announced by the end of June.