Eligible applicants meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled in a geoscience, environmental science, or Earth Science degree program at a
university or college in the United States.
- Advanced undergraduate with an interest in applying to an internship program, and employment
- Student from an underrepresented community in the geosciences and/or a past On To the Future
- Able to attend three virtual workshops on 26 February, 5 March, and 2 April.
- Have not yet had a research or internship experience.
Awardees will receive the following benefits:
- Access to geoscience professionals who serve as mentors to guide individual students in the
development of materials (CV, résumé, cover letter) required to apply for an internship or
- $500 stipend. Students will receive the stipend after submission of a complete application
packet (due 30 March 2022).
- One year membership to the Geological Society of America (GSA).
- Paid registration to attend the GSA South-Central
Section meeting in McAllen, Texas, 14-15 March 2022 or the GSA Joint
North-Central and Southeastern Section meeting in Cincinnati, Ohio, 7-8 April 2022.