SC Travel Grants | SC Research Grants
The GSA Foundation has awarded $4,500 to each of the six GSA sections for student travel grants. In order to qualify
for these grants, you must be a student member of the South-Central Section of GSA. The money, when combined with
equal funds from the sections, is used to assist both undergraduate and graduate student members of GSA. The
South-Central Section usually makes awards of up to $200.
Students: In order to be considered for a travel grant, you must:
- be the senior author and presenter of the paper;
- be a current student member of South Central section of GSA
Not a member? JOIN / RENEW
- be attending an institution in the SC Section or presenting research from the area of the SC Section (see boundaries);
- be registered for the meeting BEFORE YOU APPLY; and
- apply using the online Travel Grant Application Form (go to "Students & ECPs" page on the
Section Meeting website or annual meeting website—available during the pre-registration period only).
- Grant recipients must check in onsite at the GSA Registration Desk in person with photo ID. Checks are mailed
after the meeting. If you don't check in at the meeting, the check will be voided.
Notification of grant status will be made prior to the cancellation deadline, so if your attendance is dependent on
receipt of a travel grant and you do not receive it, you may obtain a full registration refund.