Kenneth N. Weaver Student Travel Grants
The Northeastern Section has travel funds available for students presenting at either the regional NE Section Meeting or the national GSA Annual Meeting.
To be considered for a travel grant, the student must:
- be a student member of GSA;
Not a member? JOIN NOW
- be registered for the meeting BEFORE applying for a travel grant;
- be enrolled in an institution within the Northeastern Section (see boundaries);
- must be the author or co-author, and be present during the oral or poster presentation;
- complete online Travel Grant Application Form (link available from "Students" page in the meeting announcement during the pre-registration period); and
- use the grant for travel expenses to that meeting.
Application Deadline: 1 October 2018
Grant recipients must check in onsite at the GSA Registration Desk in person with photo ID. Checks are mailed after the meeting. If you don't check in at the meeting, the check will be voided.
Notification of grant status will be made prior to the cancellation deadline, so if your attendance is dependent on receipt of a travel grant and you do not receive it, you may obtain a full registration refund.
For further information please contact:
David P. West, Secretary, NEGSA
Department of Geology
276 Bicentennial Hall
Middlebury, VT 05753-6151