Book Proposal and Manuscript Submission
Preparing your proposal
Key Items for Proposal
- One-page description: Introduce subject, provide background and significance, state why GSA should publish the book, note whether the book is for specialists or a general audience.
- Schedule: Proposed time frame for original submission, review, revision, and final submission.
- Preliminary Table of Contents: Preliminary list of chapter titles, authors (if edited volume), and author contact information.
- Curricula vitae: Provide for all volume editors or authors if book would be an authored work.
Email your proposal to email@example.com. Your proposal will be accepted or declined by the Science Editor.
Preparing your manuscript
Key Items for Manuscript Submission
- Manuscript file: line-numbered Word document. Manuscript Guidelines | Manuscript Template | GSA Reference Style
- Separate figure files: clearly labeled TIFF, GIF, JPG, PDF (reduced-sized PDFs preferable). Figure Guidelines
- Tables: Excel or Word. Table Guidelines
- Supplemental materials (optional). Supplemental data requirements
Receiving Your Decision
Acceptance or rejection of a manuscript is based on the appraisal of the paper by two or more reviewers and an editor designated by GSA (Note: Nearly all manuscripts are returned to the author with suggestions for revision, condensation, or final polish.) The final decision will be emailed to you by the Science Editor.