Return to Job Board
Postdoctoral Fellow, Soil Science/Soil Physics/Soil Mechanics, Desert Research Institute
The Desert Research Institute (DRI) is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow with expertise in the general areas of soil hydrology, soil physics, and soil mechanics to support currently funded projects. Current project efforts are focused on developing systematic relations among landform type, soil physical properties, surface condition, and vegetative cover that can provide realistic prediction or estimation of basic soil properties, especially soil strength, soil moisture, and soil dust emission in both the soil surface and soil sub-surface. The position is based at DRI's Northern Nevada Science Center in Reno, Nevada.
• US citizenship.
• Ph.D. in soil science, geophysics, hydrology, geoscience, or related fields in engineering (e.g., geologic, environmental) from an accredited institution.
• Experience in two of more of the research areas of Soil Science, Soil Physics, or Soil Mechanics.
• Evidence of the ability to participate in collaborative, team-based oriented research.
Conditions of Employment
• Due to security requirements associated with accessing essential project sites and information, ALL applicants MUST be citizens of the United States.
• Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
• Must be able to work extended hours in the field (often in remote locations) and travel as required.
See complete details and apply online at https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/DRI-External. For questions regarding this position or assistance with your application, please call the recruiting office at 775-673-7319.
The Desert Research Institute (DRI) is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer.