Return to Job Board
Assistant Geologist, GeoCorps™ America
The GeoCorps participant will work with the oil and gas program of the Royal Gorge Field Office in Cañon City, Colorado. The participant will work under the direction of the oil and gas natural resource specialist (NRS) and petroleum engineer on site. The participant will support other natural resource staff and will help complete environmental assessments and surface inspections related to operations overseen by the field office.
• Recent graduate from either a Bachelors or Masters program
• Ability and desire to work beyond the initial 12-week term for a total of 52 weeks. The training for this position can be intense and lengthy, so being able to work for a longer period of time is much more advantageous to all parties.
• Experience and/or objectives related to fluid minerals (oil and gas), or similar field
• Educational background and/or experience in to fluid minerals (oil and gas), or similar field (helpful)
• Experience with computers and GIS (required)
• Background in GIS, file and document management (helpful)
• Varied work experience (does not include positions in academia only; practical work experience helpful)
• Ability to work in both a team environment and individually
• Ability to work with the public
• Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
• A government security background clearance will be required prior to starting this position
Application: Apply by Monday, 17 August.
Please consult the program’s application instructions page and online project description for more information.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project is being offered through the Geological Society of America's GeoCorps America program in partnership with the Bureau of Land Management and Aerotek, Inc. To learn more about the GeoCorps America program, please visit https://www.geosociety.org/geocorps.