Return to Job Board
Postdoctoral Fellow, Quaternary Geology/Soil Science/Geomorphology, Desert Research Institute
The Desert Research Institute (DRI) is an environmental sciences research organization within the Nevada System of Higher Education. DRI is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow with expertise in the general areas of Soil Science, Geomorphology, and Quaternary Geology to support currently funded projects. Project efforts are focused on developing systematic relations among landform type, soil properties, surface conditions, and vegetative cover that can provide realistic prediction or estimation of basic soil properties (surface and subsurface) including dominant profile features, and soil physical properties (e.g., soil thickness, texture, degree of soil development) across various glacial landform features. We are especially interested in scientists with knowledge and expertise in the geomorphology and soils associated with areas having a history of late Quaternary continental glaciation and related deposits and landforms. The position is based at DRI's Northern Nevada Science Center in Reno, Nevada.
• US citizenship.
• Ph.D. in soil science, geoscience, or geography and related fields (e.g., environmental science) from an accredited institution.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Evidence of the ability to participate in collaborative, team-based oriented research.
• Self-starter who can take direction but does not require it.
• Ability to work independently to fulfill project goals and meet project deadlines.
• Valid driver’s license and driving record that allows the ability to access U.S. instillations.
Conditions of Employment
• Due to security requirements associated with accessing essential project sites and information, ALL applicants MUST be citizens of the United States.
• Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
• Must be able to work extended hours in the field (often in remote locations) and travel as required.
See complete details and apply online at https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/DRI-External. For questions regarding this position or assistance with your application, please call the recruiting office at 775-673-7319.
The Desert Research Institute (DRI) is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer.