Return to Job Board

Canada Research Chair (Tier I) in Geomicrobiology, Faculty of Science, University of Calgary

The Department of Geoscience in the Faculty of Science at the University of Calgary (UofC) in Alberta, Canada, is seeking applicants for a Tier 1 Canada Research Chair (CRC) in Geomicrobiology. The successful candidate will be appointed as a tenured member at the rank of full professor (or associate professor, with the expectation to be promoted to full professor level within one or two years of the nomination).

The candidate will be required to conduct research exploring the potential of microbial communities in geoscience areas of strategic priority at the UofC (e.g. the Global Research Initiative in Sustainable Low Carbon Unconventional Resources, the UofC’s Strategic Focus on “Energy Innovations for Today and Tomorrow”, and the Faculty of Science’s Grand Challenge “Energy in Transition”).

The University of Calgary prides itself on our ability to facilitate pathways and support mechanisms for knowledge translation and commercialization. Therefore, a track-record in innovation with technology transfer is a strong asset.

View full posting and apply 

The University of Calgary recognizes that a diverse staff/faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research experiences of the entire campus and greater community. We are committed to removing barriers that have been historically encountered by some people in our society. We strive to recruit individuals who will further enhance our diversity and will support their academic and professional success while they are here; in particular, we encourage members of the four designated groups (women, Indigenous People, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities) to apply. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. To ensure a fair and equitable assessment, we offer accommodation at any stage during the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. Questions regarding diversity or requests for accommodation can be sent to Human Resources (