Explore over 1 billion years of geologic history from mountain uplift, catastrophic volcanism, massive erosion that produced muddy coastal plains and the important role of climate change in morphing Colorado from a land of deserts to a land of swamps, from tropical heat to potentially globe-spanning glaciation.
Participants will enjoy five days of professional development geared specifically for the K-12 educator, home-school parents, and informal educators in order to raise geoscience literacy of future generations.
- A mix of field and classroom activities;
- A focus on local geology & issues at the state level tied to local teaching standards;
- Field trips to classic geologic outcrops & natural geologic processes;
- Field trips to sites related to a geology & industry;
- Classroom activities focused on key content in a hands-on, pedagogically sound, ready-to-use form;
- CEUs and 3 graduate credits available through the University of Northern Colorado.