E-mail appropriate supporting documents to
or mail to:
Geological Society of America
Attn: Grants, Awards & Recognition
PO Box 9140
Boulder, CO 80301-9140
GSA Award Nominations
for GSA Awards
- ONLINE NOMINATION FORM
All nominations due 1 February each year.
Exception: GSA International Distinguished Career
Award nominations due 1 March.
- CURRICULUM VITAE
- Required for all medals and awards.
Award nominations require a bibliography IN ADDITION to the CV. If a bibliography is included as part of
the CV, please supply only the number of selected titles required for the nomination.
- NOMINATION LETTER
- Summary of scientific contributions to geology and to the Society. 300 words or less.
(Required for all awards except for Doris M. Curtis Outstanding Woman in Science
- Full letter of nomination clearly stating the impact of the dissertation research; plus dissertation
title and abstract (Doris M. Curtis Outstanding Woman in Science Award only)
- SELECTED BIBLIOGRAPHY
- 20 titles or less (Penrose, Day, Honorary Fellow, GSA International Distinguished Career, Geologic
- 10 titles or less (Young Scientist, Public Service, Doris Curtis Outstanding Woman in Science)
- Optional (Distinguished Service, Bromery Award)
- SELECTED BIBLIOGRAPHY OF GEOLOGIC MAPS
20 titles or less including PDFs or website links to several key maps authored by nominee (Geologic
- LETTERS OF SUPPORT
Nominations require supporting letters IN ADDITION to the nomination letter. Supporting letters must discuss
candidates qualifications with regard to the specific criteria listed for the medal or award. These letters of
support may be emailed or mailed to GSA. Please supply only the number of supporting letters required.
||# supporting letters needed
||Total # letters
including nomination letters
||5 GSA Fellows or members
|Arthur L. Day Medal
||3 GSA Fellows + 2 scientists
|Young Scientist Award (Donath Medal)
*Nominator must be a GSA Fellow
|2 GSA Fellows
+ 1 GSA Fellow or a person of equivalent international stature
|Florence Bascom Geologic Mapping Award
||3 GSA Fellows or members
|Randolph W. “Bill” and Cecile T. Bromery Award, Doris M. Curtis Outstanding Woman in Science Award
||2 GSA members + 1 scientist
|GSA International Distinguished Career
|GSA Distinguished Service, Public Service
||Letters are optional