WORKSHOPS & SHORT COURSES
All short courses and workshops will be held at NIU-Rockford.
- Introduction to Basic Map Making Using ArcGIS and Spatial Analyst.
1 Apr., 8 a.m.-noon.
Fee: US$50. Max.: 15; min.: 7.
Kingsley Allan, +1-217-333-0545.
- Approaches to Bridge the Gap between Geology and Engineering: Training to Maximize Engineering Soil Descriptions and Field Analysis.
1 Apr., 1-5 p.m.
Fee: US$99. Max.: 40; min.: 5.
Tim Kemmis, Midwest Geosciences, +1-763-607-0092; Dan Kelleher, Midwest Geosciences.
- Geology and Human Health.
1 Apr., 1-5 p.m. — Canceled
- Climate Change: Causes, Consequences, and Adaptations.
Cosponsored by the National Association of Geoscience Teachers.
1 Apr., 4-6 p.m. — Canceled
- Backyard Field Trips: Inquiry-Based Activities within 100 Meters of Your Building. Cosponsored by National Association of Geoscience Teachers.
3 Apr., 1-5 p.m. — Canceled
Protecting Public Health through Geological Understanding Panel Discussion.
Thurs., 2 April, 8-11 a.m.
Dick Berg, Mike Bacon, Winnebago County Health Department.
This panel discussion brings together county health departments that have used or have need for geological information in their planning endeavors.