The Local Committee Chairman in consultation
with the chairmen of the other committees prepares copy. You will
find it helpful to refer to an announcement in GSA
Today while gathering your material.
You may also want to post announcement information
on your institution, department, or company Web site. We ask that
GSA's web site is considered the main web site for your announcement,
and that any changes to the information is passed along to GSA in
order to update our web site. You are responsible for updating any
other web sites. All sites need to contain the same information.
The preliminary announcement is considered
your "Call For Papers." GSA's Technical Program Manager, Nancy
Wright, will work closely with you throughout this entire process.
You will be reminded when due dates are approaching.
Sections are budgeted for one printed page
in GSA Today for their preliminary
announcement. However, the entire information will be posted on
the web site. GSA covers the cost for this.
The preliminary announcement should be sent,
unformatted, to Nancy Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org
as a WORD attachment and is due approx. nine months before the meeting.
It is published in GSA Today seven
months prior to your meeting. At the same time, we also post this
information on our GSA Web site.
Sample of Preliminary
copy should include condensed information on the following:
- brief information for registration including
preregistration and cancelation date
- deadline date for receipt of abstracts
- ADA accessibility
- Names of field trips, and any additional
information on trips you may have
- short courses, plus descriptions
- business meetings
- social activities including any spouse/guest
program, plus descriptions
- technical sessions and symposia, plus descriptions
- awards for best student papers, if applicable
- Exhibitor contact with exhibit information
- housing information
- local committee members, and mug shots*