|4.||Ethical Guidelines for Publication|
|5.||Editor Contact Information|
|GSA Today Home|
Figures, Photos, and Illustrations
There is no charge for color figures. All figure files must be submitted separately.
- The following native formats work best: Adobe Illustrator = .ai; Photoshop = .psd.
- We can also work with Corel Draw = .cdr and Canvas = .cvs files; figures created in any application other than those listed here should be saved as .tif or .eps files.
- If you create either .tif or .eps files, they must be 300 dpi for photos and 600–800 dpi for figures that include any text or captions.
- To avoid accidental changes in your figure's text or symbols, please make all text "outline," which changes it from a font to an image.
- Some 72 dpi photos are acceptable if they are at least ~3000 × 3200 pixels; please do not send low-resolution.jpg images [less than 1,000 × 1,000 pixels or fewer]). A simple way to tell if your figure can be used in print is to view it at 200% zoom; if it looks pixelated, blurry, or the text becomes difficult to read, it's not high enough in resolution.
Cover: If your article is accepted, please send a color photograph or illustration for the issue's cover. Resolution: ~3000 × 3200 pixels, preferably 300 dots per inch (dpi) to 600 dpi at full size. The image should be representative of your topic or study area but should not be a figure already used in the article.
- Please contact GSA Today's managing editor at any time (preferably by e-mail):
- Kea Giles M.A.
- Tel: +1-303-357-1057
- fax: +1-303-357-1070
- The Geological Society of America
P.O. Box 9140
Boulder, CO 80301-9140, USA