|4.||Ethical Guidelines for Publication|
|5.||Editor Contact Information|
|GSA Today Home|
GSA Today Article Submissions
Save time: Before you go online, please gather the following information:
- Username and password (or start a new account). Contact Kea Giles, , if you need help with this step.
- Names, affiliations, and e-mail addresses of all authors.
- Title and running title (these can be the same).
- Manuscript files in Word or rich text format (PDF is acceptable, but not preferred).
- Figure files in the format in which they were originally created (.ai, .psd, .tif). If file size is an issue, for this step only, please submit them as low-resolution PDF or .jpg files. Figures should be in order and clearly labeled.
- Table files (in Word, Excel, or .csv ).
- Check your article's length (with figures included). See Sizing Manuscripts. Articles that are too long will be returned.
- Articles submitted to GSA Today must be original and not published elsewhere, and GSA Today does not accept simultaneous submissions.
The submission and review platform will take you through a series of four pages to gather basic information and files. Depending on your connection speed, it may take some time for the system to upload your files, even after you receive a dialogue box stating the files have been uploaded. You do not need to click on "submit manuscript files" again. For details, follow the "author instructions" link on that site or contact the managing editor, Kea Giles, .
- If, after review, you are asked to submit a revised manuscript, please do so under the original manuscript number (follow the link in the acceptance e-mail). Do not submit your revision as a new manuscript.
- Once your paper is accepted, please send the final versions of your text and figures (as separate files), along with a cover image and caption, to Kea Giles, .
- Papers are copyedited and the first author will have a chance to review both the copyedited version and the typeset proof.
- Supplemental data may be included in GSA's online data repository; however, this repository is not to be used as additional space to convey the message of the article.
- Contact GSA Today's managing editor (preferably by e-mail):
- Kea Giles M.A.
- Tel: +1-303-357-1057
- fax: +1-303-357-1070
- The Geological Society of America
P.O. Box 9140
Boulder, CO 80301-9140, USA