|Submission, Review, and Decision|
Geosphere is GSA's ambitious, online-only publication that addresses the growing need for timely publication of research results, data, software, and educational developments in ways that cannot be addressed by traditional formats. The journal's rigorously peer-reviewed, high-quality research papers target an international audience in all geoscience fields. Its innovative format encourages extensive use of color, animations, interactivity, and oversize figures (maps, cross sections, etc.), and provides easy access to resources such as GIS databases, data archives, and modeling results. Geosphere's broad scope and variety of contributions is a refreshing addition to traditional journals.
Sign up for e-mail notifications of the latest research
TYPE OF ARTICLES
- Research Papers are fundamental and complete research contributions on scientific and educational topics.
- Research Notes are short research contributions that can take many forms.
- Data Contributions provide a forum for publishing data sets in an archive where longevity can be assured.
- Educational Contributions offer an opportunity to publish short articles on new approaches to enhance learning, tutorials, best practices, and other topics.
- Software Contributions can be utilized for publishing new software, Web services, ontologies, and such that will be made freely available to the scientific and educational communities.
- Comments and Replies provide a forum in which published papers can be discussed.
All Geosphere papers are subject to GSA's Ethical Guidelines for Publication.