|GSA Books Guidelines||Overview|
|Book Proposal and Manuscript Submission|
|Suggestions to Organizers|
As part of its mission to advance the science of geology, the Geological Society of America publishes peer-reviewed scholarly books, most of them as Special Papers or Memoirs. The science editor will decide whether a proposed volume is more suitable for the Special Paper or Memoir series.
All book chapters are subject to GSA's Ethical Guidelines for Publications.
Sign up for email notifications of the latest research
Online First is GSA's exciting new method of book delivery! Finished Special Paper and Memoir book chapters are published online as the volume is being assembled, which means that authors no longer have to wait on their colleagues to reap the benefits of citation, and readers have the earliest possible access to research.
By publishing with GSA Books, your in-depth science research will benefit from stringent peer review, responsive editorial handling, and international exposure. And Online First ensures your research will be published and available even faster!
- Responsive editorial staff
- Indexed in CrossRef, GeoRef, and abstract services
- Global marketing of your volume
- Included in the Web of Science and contribute toward H-factors
- Accepted Special Paper and Memoir chapters appear Online First before book completion
- Included in the Thomson Reuters Book Citation Index
- Published online ahead of print: www.gsapubs.org
- For accepted books, volume editors will each receive two complimentary copies of the book (chapter authors each receive one copy and 50 electronic reprints, available as PDF downloads, of their chapter). All authors may purchase additional copies of the book at a 50% discount off the list price.
- Searchable through Google BooksTM
GSA Books Questions:
3300 Penrose Place
PO Box 9140 Boulder, CO 80301-9140 telephone: +1-303-357-1000
April Leo, Managing Editor
Gina Harlow, Managing Editor
Jon Raessler, Books Assistant