- A person interested in geoscience but who does not have a degree in geology or related field.
- A person who is neither professionally trained nor employed in geology or related field (i.e., any physical or biological sciences, or other disciplines such as engineering, or geography).
- Not currently studying such science at the collegiate level.
|Membership Dues: $40
|Membership is based on the calendar year. Attend just one GSA meeting (section or annual), and the savings covers your annual dues!|
|Note: If you reside in and are a citizen of a country or territory with an economy classified as other than “high-income” by the World Bank, your dues are reduced.
GSA Affiliates (non-scientists)
Be Part of the Community that is Shaping the Future of Earth Science
- Stay current on the latest geoscience news and research
- Take advantage of member-only discounts
- Share the fun and adventure of earth science
- Enjoy member-only savings at GSA events
Interact with the Worldwide Geoscience Community
- GSA's Annual Meeting attracts more than 6,000 attendees to participate in a high energy science exchange. Field trips, technical sessions, exhibits, networking opportunities, and short courses offer something for everyone.
- GSA Section Meetings present similar experiences at a more intimate regional level.
- Join any number of GSA's 18 specialty Divisions for more focused opportunities.
GSA's Publications Cover What's Hot in the Earth Sciences
|Included with Membership:
- Free online access to Geology.
- GSA Today — This enduring science and news magazine features a hot topic science article, member news, and job listings. Members in countries other than “high income” receive GSA Today online.
- GSA Connection — This monthly e-publication contains news and items of interest to members.
- Geology — This is GSA's most-cited and widely read earth-science journal; with more than 20 thought-provoking articles each month.
- GSA Bulletin — GSA's first earth-science journal publishes classical-style research papers in all disciplines.
- Geosphere — This online-only journal covers all geoscience disciplines in a medium that accommodates animations and sound.
- Lithosphere — This jounal focuses on tectonic processes at all scales that affect the crust and upper mantle.
- Environmental & Engineering Geoscience (co-published by AEG and GSA)
- Online Store: Books, maps & charts, special papers, and more.
Support the Future of the Geosciences
- Be informed about government and policy issues surrounding earth science that affect the community.
- Support research, educational programs, and public outreach efforts through contributions to the GSA Foundation.
GSA Affinity Relationships: Save 10% on a car rental with Enterprise. Use GSA's corporate code: 32F3047; and PIN: GEO.