|View Trips and Details|
Field trips begin and end in front of the LMU Geology institute (Luisenstr. 37, Munich) unless otherwise indicated. All trips include transportation during the trip.
Several trips that involve significant amounts of hiking are rated for difficulty. Trips that involve only touring of mines, pits, quarries, and roadside stops are not rated for difficulty, but they may still require boots or rubber boots. The number and type of "boots" gives a quick overview, but please read the more detailed information for each trip:
|USA class1, DAV*
Bergwanderung leicht / easy mountain hike
|USA class 2, DAV*
Bergwanderung mittelschwer / moderate mountain hike
|USA class 3, DAV*
Bergtour / Mountaineering
|No hiking involved
(visits to labs)
Rubber boots or at least hiking boots required.
|*DAV = Deutscher Alpenverein / German Alpine Club|
Registration for field trips closes 30 June 2011. This deadline may be extended for individual trips that are not yet full, so please check back even after the deadline if you are interested in joining a field trip.
The field trip fee is non-refundable with the exception of trip cancellation by the organizers. Field trip registration fees will be debited to your credit card as soon as the trip has reached the minimum number of participants, so you might not see a charge right away on your card statement.
Pre-Conference (21 August to 4 September)
Please check individual trip page to see if it is still open for registration.
- E 1: Transalp 1 (Tauern Window) (AWG trip)
- E 2: Transalp 2 (Northern Alps & foreland basin)
- E 3: Two Orogens and their Subduction Records in the Eastern Alps
- E 19a: Geoparks of Germany: Vulkaneifel
One or Two Days Trips
- E 6: Geodetic Observatory Wettzell
- E 8: Naturwerksteine Münchens
- E 9: Quaternary Geology of the Alpine Foreland
- E 10: Monitoring of Alpine Glaciers, Austria
- E 18: Active Tectonics and Earthquake Geology of the Vienna Basin (AWG trip)
Post-Conference (8-14 September)
- E 4: German Aerospace Center (DLR) (one-day trip)
- E 11: Transalp 3 (Southern Alps and Dolomites)
- E 12: Eastern Alps South of Salzburg
- E 13: Natural Hazards of the Northern Alps
- E 14: Geo Resources of Bavaria
- E 15: Deep Geothermal Power Plants and Drilling Sites in and around Munich (one-day trip)
- E 16: Geoparks of Germany: Ries Impact Crater
- E 17: Geoparks of Germany: Continental Deep Drilling Site (KTB Borehole)
- E 19b: Geoparks of Germany: Erzgebirge, future Geopark?