|General and Presenter Info|
|Pardee Keynote Symposia|
|To Withdraw your presentation, email email@example.com|
All sessions will take place at the Minneapolis Convention Center, 1301 Second Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55403 USA.
Check your abstract acceptance e-mail for the mode of presentation (ORAL or POSTER).Your notice also has the time and location of your presentation.
For presentation submission prior to the meeting, please upload to the Conference Exchange Web site.
Upload Deadline: 11:59 PM, Eastern Time, 5 October 2011
If you need to withdraw your presentation, you can do it from this site. As always, test your presentation in the Speaker Ready Room before your talk time.
Speaker Ready Room
Speakers: If you have not submitted your presentation via the website to Conference Exchange prior to the meeting, please do so in the Speaker Ready Room the day before your presentation. If you have a Sunday presentation and are unable to get to the Speaker Ready Room the day before your presentation, please take your presentation directly to your session room at least 30 minutes before the beginning of the session.
|Speaker Ready Room Hours|
|Minneapolis Convention Center
|Saturday||8 Oct.||8 a.m.–8 p.m.|
|Sunday–Tuesday||9–11 Oct.||6:30 a.m.–6:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||12 Oct.||6:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.|
|Questions? Contact Nancy Wright
Speakers may submit presentation files in PowerPoint (.ppt or .pps), Microsoft Word (.doc), or portable document format (.pdf) format. Presentations created using PowerPoint 2010 should be saved as an earlier version and tested on Windows XP prior to the meeting. Presentations may be saved on a USB hard drive (Pocket Drive, iPod), USB flash drive, CD-ROM, CD-R, or DVD.
If your graphics or video clips are not embedded in your presentation, please be sure that you bring them as well. We highly recommend that all speakers visit the Speaker Ready Room for an opportunity to practice their presentations and get comfortable with the equipment. Technicians will be available to assist you.
If your presentation was created on a Macintosh and converted to run on a PC, please test it before you come to the meeting. Make sure that the hyperlinks still function, and avoid using a rewritable CD (CD-RW), as we've encountered compatibility problems with them. If it includes embedded video, your video will most likely NOT play automatically on the PC platform. You will need to either convert your .mov files to .avi format or create a link in your slide show to an external .mov file. If you choose the latter, your animation will play in a separate QuickTime window, outside of your PowerPoint presentation.We strongly recommend that you test your Mac-produced presentation on a Windows based system before arriving at the meeting.
|Technical Session Room Equipment Provided|
If you have any concerns about running your presentation on a PC, please contact Nancy Wright. prior to 5 Oct., or talk to the Support Team in the Speaker Ready Room.
General Info about Oral Presentations
- The normal length of an oral presentation is 12 minutes, plus three minutes for Q&A.
- You must visit the Speaker Ready Room at least 24 hours before your scheduled presentation, to download and review your presentation.
- All technical session rooms are equipped with a PC.
- If your presentation was created on a Macintosh, you must save it to run on a PC. Please test it before coming to the meeting and again in the Speaker Ready Room. If you have any questions on this, please contact Nancy Wright, . If you are unable to run your presentation on the PC, we will have a switch in each of the technical session rooms so that you are able to plug in a laptop and run your presentation.
- The decision by the Joint Technical Program organizers to place your paper in an oral session is final.
- Posters cannot be set up the previous night.
- All Posters are on display for the entire day scheduled.
- The poster board number corresponds to the poster number as listed in the Technical Program.
- Photos of poster papers are not allowed unless the author has granted permission to the photographer.
- You will be provided one horizontal, freestanding 8-feet × 4-feet display board and Velcro for hanging your poster at no charge.
- Each poster booth will have access to half of a 6-ft by 30-inch table.
- Electricity in the poster area will be available at no charge. Please bring your own extension cord.
- All posters must be removed by 6 p.m. Any posters remaining after 6 p.m. will be recycled.
Need help designing your poster? Have a look at this Sept. 2011 TheScientist.com article, "Poster Perfect: How to drive home your science with a visually pleasing poster."
|Poster Presenter Schedule|
|Minneapolis Convention Center, Exhibit Hall C|
|Days||Set-up time||Display time||Authors Present||Removal time|
|Sunday–Wednesday||8–9 a.m.||9 a.m.–6 p.m.||4:30–6 p.m.
in addition to your two hour scheduled time
Digital Poster Presentations
- You will be provided one horizontal, freestanding 8-feet × 4-feet display board along with Velcro for hanging a poster.
- You will also be provided a 40 to 46 inch monitor on a 6-feet × 30-inch table, and electricity for your laptop. Please bring your own extension cord.
- A VGA cable along with sound. Mac Users: Bring your own white dongle.
- Presentation schedule shown above.