The GSA Annual Meeting always includes a great non-technical program as well as many special events and programs for students, teachers, professionals, and guests.
Events | Programs
(OCC = Oregon Convention Center)
- Presidential Address & Awards Ceremony
Sat., 17 Oct., 7–9 p.m., OCC
- Exhibits Opening & Welcoming Party
Sun., 18 Oct., 7–9 p.m., OCC
Mon., 19 Oct., 7–9:30 p.m.
- President's Student Breakfast
Sun., 18 Oct., 7–8:30 a.m. Location TBA.
- Darwin Day
Mon., 19 Oct.
A day-long celebration of Charles Darwin including special sessions, a panel discussion and documentary, culminating with the L.A. Theatre Works presentation of: The Great Tennessee Monkey Trial (special rate for meeting attendees).
- GSA Town Hall Meeting:
Towards a Global Geoscience Initiative
Tue., 20 Oct., 6:00–7:30 p.m., OCC B116
- Science Pub - Mission Theater
Tues., 20 Oct., 7-9 p.m., Mission Theater & Pub
- Volcano Views and Brews —
“Darwin Rocks: Geology and Biodiversity in the Galapagos”
Tue., 20 Oct. Lucky Labrador Pub
- Photo Contest & Exhibition
- Movie Theater
- Coffee and Beer
- IMAX & OMSI — Special showings & admission rates for meeting attendees!
- Oregon Sesquicentennial Celebrations
- 2009 GSA Gold Medal Lectures
Sun., 18 Oct., 5–7 p.m., OCC,
Portland Ballroom 254.
- GSA Lunchtime Keynote Addresses
Sun.–Wed., 12:15–1:15 p.m.,
OCC, Room D135/136.
- Subaru Outdoor Life Lecture: Yvon Chouinard
Mon., 19 Oct., 6–7 p.m., OCC,
Portland Ballroom 252
Planning an Event?
Planning a business meeting, alumni party, reception, banquet, or social event at the 2009 GSA Annual Meeting in Portland?
To reserve space for your event at the headquarters hotel or at the convention center, please review the guidelines, resources, and tips in the Event Planning Guide, and complete the online Event Space Request Form.