A Public Forum
George R. Brown Convention Center, General Assembly Theater B
Tuesday., 7 October, 7:00 - 9:00 pm
If the controversies surrounding the theory of evolution leave you in search of additional information, please join us for an evening of enlightening presentations and discussion on the evidence for evolution.
Hear leading experts explain:
An audience question and answer session will follow the presentations.
This presentation is non-technical and suitable for anyone who is interested in the scientific understanding of the theory of evolution.
Panel Members include:
- Warren Allmon, Director, Paleontological Research Institution; and coauthor of Causes of Evolution: A Paleontological Perspective [ read abstract and bio ]
- Jere Lipps, Curator of Paleontology, UC Museum of Paleontology; Evolutionary Paleobiology Group; and coauthor of Evolutionary Paelobiology [ read abstract and bio ]
- Donald Prothero, Professor of Geology at Occidental College and Lecturer in Geobiology at the California Institute of Technology and author of Evolution: What the Fossils Say and Why It Matters [ read abstract and bio ]
- Patricia Kelley, Department of Geography and Geology, University of North Carolina Wilmington, AWG Outstanding Educator 2003 [ read abstract and bio ]
- Roger D. K. Thomas, Department of Earth and Environment, Franklin and Marshall College [ read abstract and bio ]
All Public Forum attendees are eligible to receive VIP passes for admittance to the GSA Joint Annual Meeting Exhibit Hall (in the GRB Convention Center) on Wednesday, 8 October, from 9 a.m.–2 p.m.
Also see Evolution in the Classroom: A Teacher Forum, Saturday, 4 October, 1-4:30 pm.