|35 mm projectors not
available for annual meeting
|GSA Contact :
Technical Program Manager
Information for Presenters
Speaker Ready Room - Hours
|Pennsylvania Convention Center, Room 202|
|Friday||20 October||3–6 p.m.|
|Saturday||21 October||7 a.m.–8 p.m.|
|Sunday||22 October||6 a.m.–6 p.m.|
|Monday-Tuesday||23-24 October||6:30 a.m.–6 p.m.|
|Wednesday||25 October||6:30 a.m.–3 p.m.|
GSA provides the following equipment in each Technical Session Room at no charge to speaker:
- 1 Desktop PC Computer (with Windows 2000 Operating System and MS Office XP. All Macintosh or MS PowerPoint XP presentations will work, but must be saved in a PC format).
- 1 Desktop Macintosh Computer (10.4.6.Tiger, Keynote 3.0)
- 1 LCD Projector
- 1 Screen
- 1 Laser Pointer
- 1 Lectern/Podium with light and microphone
- 1 Wired Lavaliere microphone
Overhead projectors are no longer part of the standard set-up, but are available for an additional fee. To order additional equipment not listed above download the AV Order Form (PDF format). For electrical, Internet, or telephone needs, please e-mail Nancy Carlson, . Slide projectors are no longer available.
The deadline to upload early has passed.
Please check in at the Speaker Ready Room on site
to upload and check your presentations.
|Early Upload Deadline:
noon, Central Time, 20 October.
- All Speakers must pay the registration fee to speak and to attend the Annual Meeting. (Speakers do not get free admission to the annual meeting).
Presenters must register for the Annual Meeting and pay the appropriate registration fee. You can register online or complete the paper registration form (PDF) (also available in June GSA Today), and fax it to us. We recommend pre-registration since the registration fee is lower and field trips and other events typically sell out before the opening day of the meeting.
- Sign up for housing/lodging.
If you have not made hotel reservations yet, please do so online or fill out the paper housing form (also available in June GSA Today). Mail or fax it to the HOUSING BUREAU address indicated on the form. Hotel reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis. Saturday night reservations fill fast!
- Check your abstract email acceptance notice for mode of presentation (ORAL or POSTER).
Sometimes authors do not notice until they get on-site that they were accepted for an oral session when they submitted a poster or vice versa. Acceptance notices are emailed early August!
- Your abstract acceptance notice has the time, length, and location of your presentation.
- Do you need to change the speaker name or cancel the presentation? Your session chair needs to know if there is a change of any kind in the scheduled presentation. Please also contact Nancy Carlson, Technical Program Manager, at .
- Do you need additional A/V equipment or other services not provided by GSA? (e.g. video equipment, phone line, electrical power, etc.) See the Standard A/V Equipment list and/or the Speaker A/V Equipment Order Form (form and pricing available in early August) Slide projectors are not available.
Speaker Ready Room Hours
- The Speaker Ready Room (SRR) will be open to accommodate all speakers in submitting their presentations for the networked computer system that GSA provides. The SRR will be open Friday, 3–6 p.m.; Saturday, 7 a.m.–8 p.m.; Sunday, 6 a.m.–6 p.m.; Monday–Tuesday, 6:30 a.m.–6 p.m.; and Wednesday, 6:30 a.m.–3 p.m.
GSA provides a networked computer system to allow a smoother transition for speakers in making oral presentations. All electronic presentations must be submitted to AVHQ (GSA's official A/V vendor) either in advance of meeting via AVHQ's Web site OR on site in the SRR. A minimum of 24-hours in advance is preferred, however due to tight travel schedules, it may not be possible for Sunday's speakers to get to the SRR by 8 p.m. Saturday evening. In this case, please visit the SRR first thing Sunday morning before giving your presentation. All presentations will be downloaded to a main file server and then uploaded to the specific computer in the technical session room the speaker will be making his/her presentation in. Each speaker will advance his or her own presentation from the podium.
A/V Technology Updates
- Speakers must submit their electronic presentations to AVHQ either in advance of the meeting via the AVHQ Web site, click "Submit Your Presentation" or bring their electronic presentation to the Speaker Ready Room on any format (CD-Rom, Floppy Disk, Zip Disk, Thumb Drive, Compact Flash Card, SD Card, Multi-Media Card, and Memory Stick) in advance of giving their presentation and preferably 24-hours in advance.
GSA highly recommends that all speakers giving Oral Presentations visit the Speaker Ready Room regardless of their presentation format. The A/V technician will work with those speakers making electronic presentations. GSA will provide ample A/V equipment in the Speaker Ready Room for speakers to practice their presentations and get comfortable with the equipment.
Please note that speakers may NOT use their own laptop computers in technical session rooms.
Note: Please review the listing of Standard A/V Equipment that GSA provides in each of the technical session rooms.
Speakers submitting their presentation to AVHQ's Web site in advance of the meeting must bring a copy of their presentation to the meeting as back-up. The technicians in the Speaker Ready Room can download presentations from CD-Rom, Floppy Disk, Zip Disk, Thumb Drive, Compact Flash Card, SD Card, Multi-Media Card, and Memory Stick.