Deadline: 21 June
|Deadlines & Key Events|
|Audio / Visual|
|Fees (& fee guidelines)|
|Questions about event planning?
Frequently Asked Questions
About Event Space Requests
- How do I pay for the room rental fee for my events?
- You can make you payment with a credit card (preferred method), or check/money order. Please note: If you pay by check/money order, your request for space will not be processed until GSA receives your payment.
- I did not plan an event last year. How do I get started?
- Go ahead and input your email address on the Space Request Form. If we cannot find any of your contact information in our database, it will bring you to a blank form.
- I want to order audio visual and catering. How do I do that?
- Audio visual equipment and catering cannot be ordered until we have assigned your meeting to a specific location. We will notify you once your event has been assigned a location (we assign space in mid to late July — see key dates chart for more specific info). At that time we will give you detailed instructions on how to order any AV or catering. Please note: We have menus on our website for both the convention center and the hotel. Please refer to these to get an idea for budgeting.
- When and where is the Group Alumni Reception?
- The Group Alumni Reception will be held on Monday, 17 October, from 7:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. at the Salt Lake City Marriott Downtown.
- What is included in the Group Alumni fee?
- Your school's name will appear in the Program and on alumni flyers, and will also appear on a sign T in the ballroom. Cash bars will be also be available in the ballroom during the event.
- What is the difference between the Group Alumni Reception and a Private Alumni Reception?
- The Group Alumni Reception is held at the Salt Lake City Marriott Downtown with many other schools allowing people to co-mingle. Cash bars are provided throughout this room. Private Alumni Receptions are for schools that wish to have a separate location and room for their event. The school would be responsible for providing either a cash bar or hosted bar, along with any other food they may wish to have. Almost all alumni events occur during Monday night of the Annual Meeting.
- I want to list an event in the Program, but do not need any meeting space. How should I proceed?
- Input your e-mail address on the Space Request Form. Then select "Off-site event to be listed in the Program Only."
- I want my event to follow a specific Technical Session, but I do not know when the session is scheduled. What do I do?
- Please note in the comments field that you want your particular event to follow a technical session (please be as specific as possible on what session you want the event to follow). The online form will make you select a date; please select ANY date and we will adjust it once the technical program is finalized in August.
- I have already submitted an event, but need to submit another. How do I do this?
- Just enter your email address in the Space Request Form. Click "Next" on the contact information page, and you will then see a list of the events you have already entered. This page will also allow you to enter additional events.
- What does my space request fee cover?
- GSA will provide the meeting room, signage outside the meeting room, listing in the GSA Program and website, and pre-meeting and on-site meeting management.
- When will I find out where my event is located?
- Click here to see the Key Dates Calendar.
- Why aren't events requesting technical session space at the convention center assigned until mid-August?
- The technical program is not finalized until August. Until all technical sessions are determined, events cannot be placed until the exact ending times, and location of each session has been determined.
- What is the difference between a cash bar and a host bar?
- Cash Bar: Attendees purchase their individual drinks. Typically, the host pays a bartender fee or has a minimum purchase amount that has to be met. If the minimum purchase amount is not met, additional fees may apply.
- Host Bar: The attendees do not pay for their drinks and the host of the event is billed for drinks consumed. You can be specific as to the types of drinks you want served (i.e. beer/wine only, keg beer, full service bar, etc.)
- Combo Host/Cash Bar: You can provide a combination of a host and cash bar by providing drink tickets to attendees (and be billed for these drinks), provide keg beer as host only with all other drinks on a cash-basis, provide beer/wine only as hosted with all other drinks on a cash-basis, or any other number of combinations. These are just a few examples.
- What do I need to do if I need to cancel my event?
- You will need to contact Lisa Smith () and let her know of your intent to cancel. Please see the cancellation policy for deadlines and penalties.
- I need to edit my event. How do I do this?
- If you have already paid for your event, you will need to contact Lisa Smith( ) with any changes you may have. If you have not yet paid for your event, you can still edit it by going into your account. Just go to the Space Request Form and enter your email, click past the contact information, and view the events you have entered. There is an 'edit' button which will take you back into your event if you have not gone through the 'checkout' portion of the site.
If you still have questions about event planning,
contact Lisa Smith at GSA, +1-303-357-1041, .