Poster Presentation Tips
|One (NOT two) horizontal Poster Boards will be provided by GSA for each presenter.
||Click here to see the layout of poster boards. The actual size of the Poster Board is 4' x 8' or 46-1/8" high by 94-3/4"wide or 117cm x 240 cm. Boards may be an inch smaller in either direction depending on the inventory available in each city where the annual meeting is held.
- The Poster board is covered with dark brown felt cloth material that will hold Velcro tabs.
- Velcro will give you the best results for hanging your display. (Use the "male" or hook side of the Velcro on your display.) Presenters should bring their own materials for attaching illustrations to the boards.
- Tables and chairs will NOT be provided in each Poster Booth. GSA will provide twenty-five (25) total chairs at no charge, available on a first-come, first-served basis. Presenters may check a chair out at the Poster Desk and are responsible for returning it after their session. However, if a presenter is handicapped or has special needs, please contact Erin Pitner, firstname.lastname@example.org to make further arrangements. Draped 4 foot tables will be available for an additional charge. Visit the Freeman Decorating service desk in the Exhibit Hall to rent tables.
- Additional items, such as electrical power and additional Audio/Visual equipment, may be ordered by using the online Speaker A/V Equipment Order Form (available in August).
- Although each author is responsible for assembly and removal of the presentation, we realize that problems occasionally arise. Authors presenting poster sessions may receive assistance on-site from the Poster Desk Clerk.
- Poster sessions will be one-half day in length. Morning and afternoon sessions will share the same booths. It is, therefore, essential that presenters clear their booths promptly as outlined below. Materials left in booths after the removal deadlines will be taken down, gathered as carefully as possible, and stored at the poster desk or the Annual Meeting Office.
- GSA accepts no responsibility for material left behind, lost, stolen or damaged.
- Place the title of your paper prominently at the top of the poster board to allow viewers to identify your paper easily. Indicate 1) the presentation number of the abstract, 2) title, and 3) author(s) names. Highlight the authors' names and address information in case the viewer is interested in contacting them for more information.
- Prepare all diagrams or charts neatly and legibly beforehand in a size sufficient to be read at a distance of 2 meters. Paragraph and figure caption text should be AT LEAST 24 point font (0.9 cm height) and headers AT LEAST 36 point font (1.2 cm height). Use creativity by using different font sizes and styles, perhaps even color. Use different colors AND textures/symbols (some people are color-blind) for each line or bar contained in your graph or chart. A serif font (e.g. Times) is often easier for reading main text, and a non-serif font (e.g. Arial or Helvetica) for headers and figure labels.
- Organize the paper on the poster board so that it is clear, orderly, and self-explanatory. You have complete freedom in displaying your information in figures, tables, text, photographs, etc. The presentation must cover the same material as the abstract. Use squares, rectangles, circles, etc. to group like ideas. Don't clutter your poster with too much text! Label different elements as I, II, III; or 1, 2, 3; or A, B, C. This will make it easier for a viewer to easily follow your display.
- Include the background of your research followed by results and conclusions. A successful poster presentation depends on how well you convey information to an interested audience.
AV Equipment List
SESSION CHAIRS MAY NOT order A/V equipment for the technical sessions they chair, SPEAKERS must place their own A/V order directly with GSA.
ORAL PRESENTATION TIPS
Electronic/PowerPoint (PC or Mac)
POSTER PRESENTATION TIPS
Booth Location Chart (PDF)
One (1) Poster Board will be provided, NOT TWO.
A/V QUESTIONS and ORDERS:
P.O. Box 9140
Boulder, CO 80301-9140
Technical Program Officer