The following guidelines pertain to GSA Divisions, committee and internal departments/programs only.
- Meeting space for official Division business meetings, award/lectures ceremonies, receptions and luncheons (including ticketed luncheons for which GSA predetermines the price) will be provided free of charge.
- Meeting space for committee business meetings, receptions and luncheons (including ticketed luncheons for which GSA predetermines the price) will be provided free of charge.
- Meeting space for internal GSA meetings (including departments, Adhoc committees, Council, etc.) will be provided free of charge.
- Meeting space for non-revenue generating GSA workshops, forums, etc. (i.e. Earth Scientists on Capitol Hill, Geology in Government Mentor Program) will be provided free of charge, except for those that are sponsored/offered by an outside (non-GSA) group. Sponsorship by a division or committee does not entitle a group or event to complimentary meeting space.
- Meeting space for revenue-generating workshops, forums, etc. will be provided at a cost depending on size of group (less than 30 people-$60; 30 people or more-$85). This includes K-16 and Short Courses.
- Events that are held outside of the GSA hotels or convention center will be listed in the Program (Alpha and Chronological lists) free of charge provided information is submitted to GSA via the Space Request System prior to production deadlines (deadlines to be determined).
The GSA Meetings Department will review on a case-by-case basis any events that do not clearly fit within the above guidelines to determine if a fee will apply for meeting space. As in the past, groups are responsible, and will be billed, for all food, beverage, audio-visual, etc. charges relating to an event.
Event organizers may contact Tammy White, Director of Meetings (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Melissa Cummiskey, Meeting Manager - Hotels (email@example.com), with any questions relating to these guidelines or the space request process.