Payment of the guest registration fee entitles you to attend the guest seminars offered below at no extra charge. Seminar locations will be listed here in October (and also published in October GSA Today as well as in the Annual Meeting Program.
- Welcome to Seattle
Mon., Nov. 3, 10-11 a.m.
- This entertaining seminar will educate you on (almost) everything you need to know about Seattle. Topics will include the history of the great metropolis, the famous Pike Place Market, the amazing underground city, and the 1962 World's Fair, which brought the world (and the Space Needle) to Seattle. You will get a blend of history, current information, and many other little tidbits you never would have known. This is a must-attend seminar for any curious visitor!
- Laughter — Good Medicine for the Soul
Tues., Nov. 4, 10-11 a.m.
- According to Lesley Holdcroft of the Seattle Times, laughing became a formal discipline-a defined form of yoga-in India in 1995, after Dr. Madan Kataria, now known as the "Guru of Giggles," gathered five of his patients in a city park "to experiment with the healing qualities of laughter." Kataria noted that "the effect on the patients' spirits and health was striking." This 60-minute seminar will include a demonstration of eight silly laughs, from snorts to guffaws to the secret-weapon silent laugh and the ice-cube-down-the-shirt laugh.
- The World of Washington State Wines
Wed., Nov. 5, 9-10 a.m.
- Washington State is known for producing a wonderful variety of wine. This seminar will feature local wine expert David LeClaire, wine director at the Library Bistro at Seattle's exclusive Alexis Hotel. Come learn more about the brilliant world of Washington wines!
To register as a guest, please register online (available June 3).
You can also send the paper form [PDF format] to GSA, P.O. Box 9140, Boulder, CO 80301-9140, fax 303-357-1072.