Successful management of drought and water scarcity is an interdisciplinary undertaking. Implementing change will require expertise and involvement of many people from widely varying backgrounds, perspectives, and localities. We welcome the participation of scientists, those who make or implement policy, water managers, and users — from the local, state, national, or tribal level, and from across the United States.
People who can contribute to and benefit from the conference include:
- Climatologists: modelers, etc.
- Communications specialists
- Experts in natural resource law/policy
- Forestry / fire scientists and managers
- Hydrologists and hydrogeologists
- Planners and developers
- Policy specialists
- Soil, crop, and agronomy scientists
- State / local / national government officials
- Tree ring experts (dendrochonologists)
- Tribal government representatives
- Water and natural resources managers / engineers
- Water users associations
Underrepresented minorities, women, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to submit contributions and to participate in this meeting.