Geologic Map of the Wingate Wash Area, Death Valley National Park, California and Nevada
Terry L. Pavlis, Bernard Guest, Heather Golding-Luckow, Laura Serpa, and David Wagner
Terry L. Pavlis
Area: Southwestern part of Death Valley National Park and northeastern part of China Lake Naval Air Weapons Station
Resolution: 300 dpi for raster data sets embedded in the map at 1:25,000 printing scale
Projection: NAD83 datum, UTM zone 11N
Parameters: False Easting 500000.00000000. False Northing 0.00000000. Central Meridian -117.00000000. Scale Factor 0.99960000. Latitude of Origin 0.00000000.
Linear Unit: Meter
Geographic Coordinate System: GCS_North_American_1983
Prime Meridian: Greenwich
Angular Unit: Degree
Units: Meters; contours on base map are in meters (contour interval = 10 m).
Precision: No precision is assigned to this map; point data are located by GPS without differential correction during selective availability period with associated errors.
Description: See ReadMe-Wingate file.
- 6 KB ReadMe-Wingate (.txt)
- 455 MB Plate 1: Geologic Map of the Wingate Wash Area, Death Valley National Park, California and Nevada (wingatewashgeology_25k.pdf)
- 11.5 MB Plate 1: wingatewash_geology (.mdb) File is zipped and will need to be unzipped before use.
- 2 MB Plate 1: wingatewashgeology_25k (.mxd). File will need to be unzipped first.
- 0.5 MB Plate 2: Cross Sections (.pdf)
- 0.9 MB Plate 3: Explanation (.pdf)
- 3.9 MB Zip of shapefiles (.zip)
- 3.7 GB Zip of alternative topo bases (.zip of ArcGIS files)