- AGI Summer & Semester Internships (undergrad or Masters geoscience students)
- Gain a first-hand understanding of the legislative process and the operation of executive branch agencies. Hone writing, research, and web publishing skills. Stipend available.
- East Asia and Pacific Summer Institutes (EAPSI)
- EAPSI supports 200-205 graduate students each year to do research in the lab of their choice in any of seven locations: Australia, China, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Singapore or Taiwan. Apply by 25 Nov.
- GeoCorps™ America
- Geoscientists on Public Lands - A GSA program in cooperation with NPS & USFS.
- Research in the Solid Earth Science for Students (RESESS)
- A multi-summer internship program for students who are underrepresented in the geosciences based in Boulder, Colorado, for the first summer. Travel, lodging, and salary are provided. Do research in geology, hydrology, geophysics, glaciology, or other fascinating topics. Sophomores and Juniors can apply, and may participate for up to two or three years.
- The Juneau Icefield Research Program
- Expedition Training in Arctic and Mountain Earth System Science.
- The Honors Interdisciplinary Summer Field Program: Geology, Anthropology, and Ecology
- Learn about geology, ecology, and anthropology in an "open-air" classroom.
- Universities Space Research Association CNSR Summer Fellowship Program
- CSNR Summer Fellows work as part of a team of students and with scientists at the Idaho National Laboratory (INL) to complete research projects of current interest to NASA, Department of Homeland Security, and INL.
- Universities Space Research Association Undergraduate Student Research Program
- NASA's Undergraduate Student Research Program managed by USRA, offers undergraduates across the United States mentored internship experiences at NASA Centers and research facilities.
- AAAS-RAND Science and Technology Policy Intern Program
- UA Biosphere 2 Science and Society Fellows Program
- CNS Internship Database
- Environmental Careers Organization
- Fernbank Museum of Natural History
- Michigan Tech University and Peace Corps
- New program with the U.S. Peace Corps where students can gain an M.S. degree while doing a two year Peace Corps field assignment in a Central American country with significant geological hazards.
- NASA Academy
- National Academies — Christine Mirzayan Internship Program
- National Wildlife Federation Internship Programs
- National Science Foundation — Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU)
- Student Conservation Association
- White House Office of Science & Technology Policy
- Applications for the Fall OSTP Student Volunteer Program will be accepted through Wednesday, 1 June. The program is seeking highly motivated and dedicated individuals interested in science and technology policy. Applicants must be US citizens and be enrolled, not less than half-time, in an accredited college, university, or other educational institution. Students who wish to participate in this program during the Fall semester may work at OSTP on a part-time or full-time basis.
||GSA is not responsible for content on Web sites linked from our site.
However, please contact us if you encounter broken links.