|Policy||Grants||Fellowships||Other Web Resources|
LOOK HERE FIRST!
- Annual USGS Earthquake Hazards Program (EHP)
- The application period for the FY2012 earthquake hazards research grants competition has opened. Applications are due 18 May 2011.
- Chrysalis Scholarship Fund
- The Association for Women Geoscientists offers the Chrysalis Scholarship on an annual basis that provides degree-completion funding for women geoscience graduate students whose education has been interrupted for at least on year.
- Classroom Earth National High School Challenge
- National Environmental Education Foundation offers teachers an opportunity to secure funding to bring innovative environmental content into their studentsí coursework and incorporate more environmental education into teaching overall!
- Colorado Scientific Society
- Crystallography Scholarship Awards
- To encourage promising graduate students to pursue crystallography-oriented research, the International Centre for Diffraction Data (ICDD) has established the Ludo Frevel Crystallography Scholarship Fund.
2006 Deadline: 31 Oct.
- Energy Foundation
- Environmental Justice: Partnerships for Communication
- Joshua Tree National Park Competitive Research Grant
- Supports field research in the physical, biological, ecological, and cultural sciences. Research proposals should focus on significant natural and/or cultural resources of Joshua Tree National Park, the Mojave and Colorado Deserts, and the peoples who have lived in the Joshua Tree region.
- International Association for Mathematical Geology (IAMG)
- IAMG Student Grants Program supports graduate student research in broad areas of mathematical geology for the purposes of advancing the development and application of quantitative methods in the geosciences.
- Indiana University Graduate School Grants and Awards
- International Council for Science (ICSU)
- National Undersea Research Opportunities
- National Sea Grant Federal Fellows Program/Dean John A. Knauss Marine Policy Fellowships
- NESCent Sabbatical Scholars, Working Groups and Catalysis Meetings - Call for Proposals
- The National Evolutionary Synthesis Center (NESCent) accepts proposals for sabbatical scholars, working groups and catalysis meetings. Proposals for postdoctoral fellowships are accepted at the 1 December deadline only. Proposals for sabbatical scholars (one semester to a full year), working groups and catalysis meetings are accepted twice a year, with 15 June and 1 December deadlines. Proposals for short-term visitors (2 weeks to 3 months) are considered four times a year, with deadlines on 1 January, 1 April, 1 July, and 1 September.
- NSF Grants and Awards
- Michigan Tech University
- New program with the US Peace Corps where students can gain an MS degree while doing a two year Peace Corps field assignment in a Central American country with significant geological hazards.
- Petroleum Research Fund
- Fundamental research is currently supported in chemistry, the earth sciences, chemical engineering, physics, and in related fields such as polymers and materials science.
- The Society for Organic Petrology (TSOP)
- Student Grants Program supports graduate thesis research in organic petrology. Research must demonstrate the utility and significance of organic petrology (which includes coal petrology, kerogen petrology, organic geochemistry and related disciplines) in solving the thesis problem.
|GSA is not responsible for content on web sites linked from our site. However, please contact us if you encounter broken links.|