|Policy||Grants||Fellowships||Other Web Resources|
LOOK HERE FIRST!
- ACS Petroleum Research Fund
- Fundamental research is currently supported in chemistry, the earth sciences, chemical engineering, physics, and in related fields such as polymers and materials science.
- AGI Harriet Evelyn Wallace Scholarship for Female Graduate Geoscience Students
- Annual USGS Earthquake Hazards Program (EHP)
- Chrysalis Scholarship Fund
- The Association for Women Geoscientists offers the Chrysalis Scholarship on an annual basis that provides degree-completion funding for women geoscience graduate students whose education has been interrupted for at least one year.
- Classroom Earth National High School Challenge
- National Environmental Education Foundation offers teachers an opportunity to secure funding to bring innovative environmental content into their studentsí coursework and incorporate more environmental education into teaching overall!
- Colorado Scientific Society
- Several grants ranging from $600 to $1000 each are awarded for field-oriented research on geology, geochemistry, and geophysics on the Rocky Mountain region.
- Crystallography Scholarship Awards
- To encourage promising graduate students to pursue crystallography-oriented research, the International Centre for Diffraction Data (ICDD) has established the Ludo Frevel Crystallography Scholarship Fund.
- Energy Foundation
- Joshua Tree National Park Robert Lee Graduate Student Research Program
- Grants of up to $4,000 are available to assist students with field study expenses as well as data analysis, lodging, transportation, field supplies, and research equipment. Research proposals should focus on some aspect of the natural or cultural resources of Joshua Tree National Park.
- International Association for Mathematical Geology (IAMG)
- IAMG Student Grants Program supports graduate student research in broad areas of mathematical geology for the purposes of advancing the development and application of quantitative methods in the geosciences.
- Indiana University GradGrants Center
- International Council for Science (ICSU)
- National Undersea Research Opportunities
- National Sea Grant Federal Fellows Program/Dean John A. Knauss Marine Policy Fellowships
- NESCent Sabbatical Scholars, Working Groups and Catalysis Meetings - Call for Proposals
- The National Evolutionary Synthesis Center (NESCent) accepts proposals for sabbatical scholars, working groups and catalysis meetings. Proposals for postdoctoral fellowships are accepted at the 1 December deadline only. Proposals for sabbatical scholars (one semester to a full year), working groups and catalysis meetings are accepted twice a year, with 15 June and 1 December deadlines. Proposals for short-term visitors (2 weeks to 3 months) are considered four times a year, with deadlines on 1 January, 1 April, 1 July, and 1 September.
- NSF Grants and Awards
- Michigan Tech University
- New program with the US Peace Corps where students can gain an MS degree while doing a two year Peace Corps field assignment in a country with significant geological hazards.
- The Society for Organic Petrology (TSOP)
- Student Grants Program supports graduate thesis research in organic petrology. Research must demonstrate the utility and significance of organic petrology (which includes coal petrology, kerogen petrology, organic geochemistry and related disciplines) in solving the thesis problem.
|GSA is not responsible for content on web sites linked from our site. However, please contact us if you encounter broken links.|