Jump-Start Your Career in The Geosciences!
- Receive Free Access to GSA's Journals Online
- Gain Cutting-Edge Knowledge and Insight
- Publish and Present your Research
- Apply for Research Funding
- Interact with the Worldwide Geoscience Community
- Succeed in Your Pursuit of a Geoscience Career
- Receive one FREE Division Membership
GSA Publications Cover What's Hot in the Earth Sciences
Included with Membership:
- GSA Today — This enduring science and news magazine features a hot topic science article, member news, and job listings.
Members in countries other than “high income” receive GSA Today online.
- GSA Connection — This monthly e-publication contains news and items of interest to members.
- Free online access to GSA's journals (excluding Environmental & Engineering Geology)
- One free Division membership
- Geology — This is GSA's most-cited and widely read earth-science journal; with more than 20 thought-provoking articles each month.
- GSA Bulletin — GSA's first earth-science journal publishes classical-style research papers in all disciplines.
- Geosphere — This online-only journal covers all geoscience disciplines in a medium that accommodates animations and sound.
- Lithosphere — This jounal focuses on tectonic processes at all scales that affect the crust and upper mantle.
- Environmental & Engineering Geoscience (co-published by AEG and GSA)
- Online Store: Books, maps & charts, special papers, and more.
Offset Meeting Attendance Costs through Travel Grants and Volunteering Your Time
GSA's Annual Meeting attracts more than 6,000 attendees across all disciplines to participate in a high-energy science exchange. Technical sessions, hot topics, field trips, special events, and more offer something for everyone. Take advantage of career development opportunities while networking for your future.
Be Part of a Community That is Shaping the Future of Geoscience
- GSA Section Meetings present similar experiences as the Annual Meeting at a more intimate regional level and offer the perfect venue for students to present their research. Awards for best papers and posters, coupled with mentoring programs and travel and research grants, make participation in your Section a wise move.
- Join any of GSA's 18 specialty Divisions for more focused opportunities. Divisions offer short courses, sessions, trips, research grants, and awards, along with leadership and networking opportunities. Students receive one free Division membership.
- Graduate student members are encouraged to apply for a GSA Research Grant.
- Gain practical experience through GeoCorps™ America by working on an exciting field project with government agencies and other organizations committed to science and stewardship.
- Publish your research through premiere journals and other publications for worldwide circulation and exposure.
- GSA's online abstract services offer the opportunity to publish and present your research at GSA's Annual and Section Meetings.
- Be informed about government and policy issues that affect the geoscience community. Participate
in the development of GSA position papers, congressional visit days, and grassroots activism.
- Give back and pay it forward through contributions to the GSA Foundation.
GSA Affinity Relationships:
Check back soon for upcoming valuable member-only discounts.