Return to Job Board
Petroleum Engineering Specialist / Reserves Assessment, Saudi Aramco
Job ID: 15810
Saudi Aramco is looking for experienced professionals to join us in the Upstream Development Strategy and Reserves Department (UDS&RD) within Petroleum Engineering, based in the Exploration and Petroleum Engineering Center in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. We manage one of the world’s largest portfolios of on-shore and off-shore oil and gas fields, and we provide opportunities to conduct pioneering studies, introduce new technologies and propose innovative development solutions.
The Department has three divisions (Reserves Assessment, Upstream Development Strategy and Production Planning) and provides high level technical support to Upstream Management. We need seasoned professionals for all these divisions, and a common thread is that the candidates should have critical technical expertise within one area, but also exhibit managerial acumen and exceptional communication skills (including experience in presenting to Executive Management and effectively leading multi-disciplinary teams).
• As a successful candidate, you should hold a Bachelor degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline. The successful candidate should hold a bachelor degree in petroleum engineering, and a master degree in petroleum engineering or related disciplines. A PhD or additional exposure/training in business, economics or finance, is also beneficial.
• You must have a minimum of 15 years of experience gained through working for reputable oil and gas consulting and/or E&P companies
• You must have extensive experience in reserves classification and reporting (e.g. SEC/PRMS etc.), a solid foundation in classic reservoir engineering, including both static and dynamic modeling of reservoirs, and experience in enhanced oil recovery and/or unconventional reservoirs as they relate to reserve assessment.
• You must have experience working in a large organization with a varied portfolio of reservoirs, or had a wide range of experience in smaller companies.
• Supplemental experience in reservoir engineering, especially technical principles for developing long-term oil & gas reservoir depletion plans, economics evaluations, and key performance measures and benchmarking in E&P industry.
• You should have critical technical expertise within one area, but also exhibit managerial acumen and exceptional communication skills (including experience in presenting to executive management and effectively leading
Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
• Lead and guide work processes for one of the divisions, and may also have significant liaison responsibilities with other departments within exploration, petroleum engineering & development, engineering services, marketing, Finance and Corporate Planning. In general the candidates should have broad experience in the oil and gas upstream business with specialty skills in subsurface evaluation.
• Represent Saudi Aramco in external technical conferences, symposiums, and forums.
• Training and mentoring of younger professional staff. Train and mentor young engineers.
TO APPLY: https://apply.aramco.jobs/jobs/1142008?lang=en-us&Codes=ASC-W-GSA