How To Apply for a GeoCorps Position
Spring/summer positions are posted 1 December, and applications are accepted through 4 February (noon, Mountain Time).
Fall/winter positions are posted 1 May, and applications are accepted through 1 July (noon, Mountain Time).
To apply, go to My GeoCorps and click "Applicant".
- Click here for complete eligibility requirements.
- You must be a GSA member to apply. Join Today! (New memberships and renewals are processed quickly, generally in 24 hours or less!)
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, you may apply to GeoCorps, but please make sure you carefully read and completely fulfill all of the eligibility requirements.
- If you have participated in the GeoCorps Program in the past, you may apply for "Guest Scientist" and "GeoCorps Diversity Internship" positions ONLY.
- You only need to set-up/submit one electronic résumé, even if you apply for more than one position.
- Do not send any other résumé to GSA to apply. You must submit a GeoCorps online résumé. This is the only résumé that will be accepted. All other résumés or CVs will be discarded.
- You may modify your résumé at any time before the deadline date. All résumés are considered final after the posted deadline date.
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation that your résumé was successfully received by GSA.
- In addition to your résumé, you must complete one cover letter and obtain one letter of recommendation for EACH position you wish to apply for. You may include an optional second letter of recommendation for each position. These letters can only be submitted electronically through our online application system. It is recommended that you seek two letters for each position so that you have a back-up. It is also recommended that you request the letters early on to ensure they are submitted in time.
- Once you have selected the position(s) you wish to apply for, your My GeoCorps page will list which components of the application have been successfully submitted.
- Effective 5/1/11, transcripts are no longer required nor accepted as part of the GeoCorps application. Please do not send transcripts, as they will not be considered as part of your application. Instead, you must enter your courses and grades directly into the online application database. (Detailed instructions are provided once you set-up your application profile.) If you already have a transcript on file for GeoCorps, it will no longer be linked to your application, so please enter your courses and grades directly into the database.
- The deadline is 12:00 p.m., noon, Mountain Time, on the posted date. Any application materials received (not submitted, but received) after the deadline will not be considered.
- The agency supervisors will begin the initial contact and interview process approximately three weeks after the application deadline.
- If you are selected for an interview, please prepare for the interview by using this tip-sheet.
- Position offers will be made about six weeks after the application deadline.
- For those of you who will be out of town (spring break, field work, etc.) during the interview and selection process, make sure you are accesible by either phone or e-mail so you do not miss a potential interview.
- As positions are filled, they will be noted so on the GeoCorps Positions webpage.
- Click here to view NEW and IMPORTANT tips on application procedures. (Revised 5/16/11 to include new info about transcripts/grades.)
- Sign up now for GeoCorps America E-News to get notified when you can apply for GeoCorps positions. This list is used just a few times a year to alert potential applicants about when positions are being posted and applications are being accepted.
Questions? Contact Matthew Dawson, , or Allison Kerns, .