GSA is not responsible for content on web sites linked from our site. However, please contact us if you encounter broken links.
- World Climate: A site where you can get just about any climate data for any city in the world.
- Weather: Graphics and photo scrapbooks from USA Today to help students understand weather:
- How does Doppler radar work? NOAA Weather site.
- Meteograms for selected cities -
- DataStreme Atmosphere is a major teacher enhancement initiative of the American Meteorological Society (AMS). Its main goal is the training of Weather Education Resource Teachers who will promote the teaching of science, mathematics and technology using weather as a vehicle, across the K-12 curriculum in their home school districts.
- National Weather Service - a resource for national, regional, and local weather updates, forecasts, warnings, satellite, and Doppler radar imagery.
- Atmosphere - definitions for atmosphere terms, including teacher and student version:
- Weather Unit from Scholastic - The Weather Maker is part of this page. Interactive Activities and Lesson Plans.
- POSTER: Snowflake Thermometer Poster: A marvelous collage by Dorothy Wallace-Senft. This poster shows the type of snowflake formation relative to the temperature. Over 400 of Bentley's snowflake images are cleverly used to illustrate the thermometer.