GSA Dates & Deadlines
Send notices of meetings of general interest to .
Go to the
to learn more about the upcoming meetings of GSA's Associated Societies and other geoscience organizations.
GSA Deadlines & Events Calendar
- 1 Feb.: Deadline for most GSA Award & Medal nominations.
- 1 Feb.: Deadline for 2016 Annual Meeting Short Course Proposals.
- 2 Feb.: Deadline for GeoCorps applications for summer positions.
- 19 Feb.: Deadline for International Geological Congress students and early-career scientists travel applications.
- 8 March: On To the Future application opens.
- 21–22 March: GSA South-Central Section Meeting, Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Chair: Peter Clift.
- 21–23 March: GSA Northeastern Section Meeting, Albany, New York. CoChairs: Helen Mango and Tim Grover.
- 31 March–1 April: GSA Southeastern Section Meeting, Columbia, South Carolina. Chair: Venkat Lakshmi.
- 4–6 April: GSA Cordilleran Section Meeting, Ontario, California. Chair: Jade Star Lackey.
- 15 April: Deadline for GSA/ExxonMobil Award applications (Bighorn Basin Field Award, Field Camp Scholar Award, Field Camp Excellence Award).
- 18–19 April: GSA North-Central Section Meeting, Champaign, Illinois. Chair: Steve Brown.
- 22 April: Earth Day.
- 1 May: GeoCorps fall/winter positions posted.
- 18–19 May: GSA Rocky Mountain Section Meeting, Moscow, Idaho. CoChairs: Brian Yanites and Leslie Baker.
- 27 May: On To the Future application deadline.
- 1 July: Deadline for GeoCorps applications for fall/winter positions.
- 27 Aug.–4 Sept.: 35th Session of the International Geological Congress (35th IGC), Capetown, South Africa.
- 25–28 Sept.: 2016 GSA Annual Meeting & Exposition, Denver, Colorado, USA.
- 9 Oct.: International EarthCache Day.
- 9–15: Earth Science Week.
- 1 Dec.: GeoCorps summer positions posted.
- 15 Dec.: Teachers: Don't forget to register for the 2017 teacher field camps!
- 23–25 Oct.: 2014 GSA Annual Meeting & Exposition, Seattle, Washington, USA.