The GSA Foundation has awarded $4,500 to each of the six GSA sections. The money, when combined with equal funds from the sections, is used to assist both undergraduate and graduate student members of GSA. Please contact the Section Secretary for more information.
The Southeastern Section of the Geological Society of America is pleased to offer support for the cost of student travel to SE Section Meetings as well as GSA Annual Meetings. All eligible students will receive some support, the amount depending on the number of applicants. Grants are normally in the $100 range.
- The student must be enrolled in an institution within the Southeastern Section and must be a student member or a member of the Geological Society of America (join now or renew).
- The student must personally present the paper (or poster) even though the paper may have co-authors.
- The student must be registered for the meeting before applying.
- The online Travel Grant Application Form must be completed by the specified deadline for that meeting. The application form is available from the "Students" page on the appropriate meeting announcement during the pre-registration period.
- Each applicant will be informed by email before the cancellation deadline regarding their application status. Students can pick up their checks in person at the meeting.
Contact Donald Neal, Secretary, SEGSA, , with any questions about the travel grant program.
Applications for SE Grad Student
You are no longer required to send a separate GRANT PROPOSAL to the section. However, you do have to complete and submit the SE APPLICATION FORM if you want your proposal considered by the Section. The deadline for submission is the same as that of the grant proposal, 1 February. The grants are competitive and will be awarded in late May.
The Southeastern Section offers competitive undergraduate student research grants. Grants are awarded in early July. Click here for the SE Undergrad Research Grant Application.
To be considered for a research grant:
Applications for research grants
- The application (5 copies) must be POSTMARKED no later than 1 April. Other forms of submission are not acceptable.
- The application must include proof of GSA membership (e.g. copy of member card).
- The application must be written on a current SEGSA research grant form.
- The applicant must include the requirement for letters of recommendation.
- The student must include documentation of enrollment in an institution within the Southeastern Section.