OUTSTANDING STUDENT POSTER PROGRAM
HOW IT WORKS
- GSA will provide a report of all student presentations.
- Sections judge and select all poster awardees.
- Select 1 undergraduate and 1 graduate overall awardee for this program.
- Sections communicate awardee names and presentation title to GSA after the meeting.
- Sections notify students of the award.
ALL AWARDEES RECEIVE
- A congratulatory message from the section's local chair.
- A plaque sent from GSA in June.
- A check mailed from GSA, using sections funds, if applicable.
TOP AWARDEES RECEIVE
- Complimentary Annual Meeting registration.
- Posters displayed prominently at Annual Meeting.
- Encouraged to apply for Student Travel Grant.
- In June, GSA contacts these awardees to coordinate Annual Meeting plans.
NOTES ABOUT POSTER WINNERS
- GSA does not provide financial support with this award but Section may choose to do so.
- GSA does not keep processes on how this works, as it is section driven.
ROUNDING UP JUDGES
- It's up to the Student Judging Committee Chair to pull together enough people to become judges.
- Judges should consist of Professionals, not other students.
- If finding people to judge is hard, ask GSA to send out an email to all the pre-registered Professional meeting attendees. If you can provide the amount of time it might take to judge, that information could helpful for someone to decide to volunteer as a judge.
- Soon after the section meeting, GSA will post the winning names on the web site, prepare any financial winnings, send each winner a placque.
- For any student receiving a monetary reward, please inclue name, address, amount, and social security numbers.
- Please compile the list winners, noting who the top undergrad and grad poster winners are, and forward list to Nancy Wright to share with others at GSA.