GEOSCIENCE CAREER PROGRAM -
Connecting Industry and Students
Note: you must be a GSA member to apply for these awards.
Not a member? Join today!
Date: Saturday, October 26 and Sunday, October 27 in conjunction with the 2013 GSA Annual Meeting.
Location: Denver, Colorado in the Colorado Convention Center.
Cost: Free, but advance registration is required. Register by logging in and creating an account.
Purpose: Highlight your research and begin a dialogue with representatives from a variety of companies. You may take part in the entire program, or portions of it.
- Attend a workshop with a seasoned HR consultant to help you prepare for meeting with company recruiters
- Present a poster highlighting your research to industry representatives and recruiters
- Attend the Geology in Industry Mentor Program for lunch. Panelists will answer questions and offer advice
- Meet with recruiters from numerous companies. They will be at booths to answer your questions and talk to you one on one about employment with their company
- Attend an evening networking reception with industry representatives and recent industry hires
For questions on student participation, contact Jennifer Nocerino, firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-303-357-1036.
For questions on corporate participation, contact Debbie Marcinkowski, email@example.com or +1-303-357-1047.
- Posters cannot be set up the previous night.
- All Posters are on display from 9:30 to 11:00 a.m.
- Photos of poster papers are not allowed unless the author has granted permission to the photographer.
- You will be provided one horizontal, freestanding 8-feet × 4-feet display board and Velcro for hanging your poster at no charge.
- Each poster booth will have access to half of a 6-ft by 30-inch table.
- All posters must be removed by 6:30 p.m. Any posters remaining after 6:30 p.m. will be recycled.
|Poster Presenter Schedule for the Geoscience Career Program|
|Colorado Convention Center, Exhibit Hall D|
|Days||Set-up time||Display time||Authors Present||Removal time|
|Sunday||7:30 - 9:30 a.m.||9:30 - 11:00 a.m.||9:30 - 11:00 a.m.||6:30 p.m.|