Fun with Geoscience Trivia • Groundwater Edition
- What kind of well is formed when groundwater flows to the surface under its own pressure in a bore hole?
- What do you call a confining layer of geologic material along an aquifer that has little or no permeability or hydraulic conductivity?
- What term is given to a natural depression in the water table around a well during pumping?
CONE OF DEPRESSION
- Whose equation forms the scientific basis for studying fluid movement through porous material?
- What is the term for the level at which groundwater pressure is equal to atmospheric pressure, sometimes visualized as the “surface” of the groundwater in a given vicinity?
Get your very own copy of GSA Geoscience Trivia (CD-ROM).
Thanks for playing!