CALENDAR OF UPCOMING GSA DEADLINES & EVENTS
Go to GSA's Geoscience Calendar to learn more about the upcoming meetings of GSA Associated Societies and other geoscience organizations.
- 20: Nomination deadline for the GSA Sedimentary Geology Division's Laurence L. Sloss Award for Sedimentary Geology, recognizing achievements that contribute widely to the field of sedimentary geology as well as service to GSA.
- 28: Nomination deadline for the GSA Coal Geology Division's Gilbert H. Cady Award, recognizing outstanding contributions to coal geology.
- 02: Nomination deadline: Farouk El-Baz Award for Desert Research (GSA Quaternary Geology and Geomorphology Division).
- 11–13: Joint Meeting: GSA North-Central and South-Central Sections, Branson, Missouri, USA.
- 21–23: Rocky Mountain Section Meeting, Rapid City, South Dakota, USA.
- 26: Application deadline for Penrose Conference: Origin and Uplift of the Sierra Nevada, California, Bridgeport, California, USA, 16-20 August 2010.
- 16–22: Field Forum, Significance of along-strike variations for the 3-D architecture of orogens: The Hellenides and Anatolides in the eastern Mediterranean, Samos, Greece.
- 25: Abstract submission deadline for GSA specialty meeting, Tectonic Crossroads: Evolving Orogens of Eurasia-Africa-Arabia, Ankara, Turkey, 4-8 October 2010.
- 27–29: Joint Meeting: Cordilleran Section GSA and Pacific Section AAPG, Anaheim, California, USA.
- 10: Abstracts submission deadline for 2010 GSA Annual Meeting & Exposition in Denver, Colorado, USA.
- 16-20: Penrose Conference: Origin and Uplift of the Sierra Nevada, California, Bridgeport, California, USA.
- 23: Standard registration deadline, Tectonic Crossroads: Evolving Orogens of Eurasia-Africa-Arabia, Ankara, Turkey, 4-8 October 2010.