APPLICATION & NOMINATION DEADLINES
- 01: GSA-USGS 2010–2011 Congressional Science Fellowship — Put your expertise and experience to work helping shape science and technology policy on Capitol Hill.
- 01: GeoCorps™ America 2010 — All levels of geologists, from undergraduates to retirees, are invited to apply for these paid summer geoscience positions on U.S. Forest Service, National Park Service, and Bureau of Land Management lands.
- 01: GSA Medals & Awards — GSA's most prestigious annual awards, to be presented at the 2010 GSA Annual Meeting in Denver.
- 01: GSA Fellowship — GSA members are elected to Fellowship in recognition of distinguished contributions to the geosciences. Fellowship nominations may only be made by a Fellow of the Society.
- 01: Post-Doctoral Research Awards — For GSA members between 30-65 years of age: The W. Storrs Cole Memorial Research Award, supporting research in invertebrate micropaleontology, and the Gladys W. Cole Memorial Research Award, supporting research of the geomorphology of semiarid and arid terrains in the United States and Mexico.
- 01: Graduate Student Research Grants — GSA's research grants program provides support for master's and doctoral thesis research in the geosciences for graduate students at universities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Central America.
- 01: Nomination deadline for the Biggs Award for Excellence in Earth Science Teaching, a GSA Education Division award recognizing innovative and effective teaching of earth science among early career faculty.
- 01: Nomination deadline for the GSA History of Geology Division's Mary C. Rabbitt History of Geology Award, which recognizes exceptional scholarly contributions of fundamental importance to understanding the history of the geological sciences.
- 15: Nomination deadline for the George P. Woollard Award, a GSA Geophysics Division award recognizing individuals who have made outstanding contributions to geology through the application of the principles and techniques of geophysics.
- 20: Nomination deadline for the GSA Sedimentary Geology Division's Laurence L. Sloss Award for Sedimentary Geology, recognizing achievements that contribute widely to the field of sedimentary geology and through service to GSA.
- 28: Nomination deadline for the GSA Coal Geology Division's Gilbert H. Cady Award, which recognizes outstanding contributions to the field of coal geology.