CALENDAR OF UPCOMING GSA DEADLINES & EVENTS
Go to GSA's Geoscience Calendar to learn more about the upcoming meetings of GSA Associated Societies and other geoscience organizations.
- 23: Space request deadline for the 2009 GSA Annual Meeting & Exposition in Portland, Oregon, USA.
- 26–06 July: GeoVentures teacher trip, Galápagos Islands—A Place Born of Fire, convenes in the Galápagos Archipelago.
- 01: 2009 GSA Annual Meeting International Division Travel Grant application deadline. See p. 15 of the June GSA Today for more information.
- 03: Application deadline for GSA's Limnogeology Division's Kerry Kelts Research Awards. Up to three awards of US$400 each for use in research related to limnogeology, limnology, and paleolimnology are available. To apply, send a summary of the proposed research, its significance, and how the award will be used in PDF format (five-pages max.) along with your name and a short CV (two-pages max.) to the chair of the Limnogeology Division, Michael Rosen,
- 11: Last day to submit ABSTRACTS for the 2009 GSA Annual Meeting & Exposition in Portland, Oregon, USA.
- 29: The GSA GeoVenture, Geology of the Middle Fork of the Salmon River, Idaho, convenes and runs through 4 Sept.
- 09–13: Penrose Conference, "Low δ18O rhyolites and crustal melting: Growth and redistribution of the continental crust," convenes in Twin Falls, Idaho, with a field trip to Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, USA.
- 13–19: Field Forum, "Structure and Neotectonic Evolution of Northern Owens Valley and the Volcanic Tableland, California," convenes in Bishop, California, USA.
- 14: Early registration and housing request deadlines, 2009 GSA Annual Meeting & Exposition, Portland, Oregon, USA.
- 21: Cancellation deadline for the 2009 GSA Annual Meeting & Exposition.