Adapting the Science Laboratory Experiences for Students with Disabilities
July 7-8, 2005
The Letters, Arts, and Sciences College and the College of Education will be hosting a 2 day summer institute at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs. The summer institute will cover topics related to:
- adapting science laboratory (physics, geology, biology, and chemistry) experiences for middle school, high school, and college level students with disabilities,
- determining how to adapt your science experiments for students with disabilities,
- determining the appropriate assistive technology solutions,
- securing funds through grant writing to purchase technology solutions for your laboratory,
- understanding how and why accessibility is so critical in schools;
- interacting with college students with disabilities in order to understand and plan for adapting your science activities and
- much more.
This institute is designed to be highly interactive and lots of hands on experience. We will be offering one graduate credit through UCCS for teachers who would like access this option. Anyone interested in developing accommodations for students with disabilities will be welcome.
Please contact Paul Grogger, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information and to RSVP.