Up-to-the-minute governance information from GSA’s Council.
- Approved recommendation from the Publications Committee creating a new GSA e-journal.
The journal will be called Geosphere and Randy Keller, University of Texas, El Paso, will be science editor.
- Approved recommendation from the Membership Committee lowering dues for professionals and students in lesser developed countries (per World Bank classification).
- Adopted position statement on The Importance of Teaching Earth Science in the Public Schools.
- Approved Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) for co-convening two meetings:
- Earth System Processes 2 with the Geological Association of Canada
- Paleoclimate: The Karst Record with the Karst Waters Institute
- Approved budget for fiscal year 2005 as submitted.