2019 GSA Calendar Photo Search
We know that geoscientists have talent—so give us your best shot! You may enter up to three (3) images in landscape orientation using these categories as a guide.
- Iconic Landscapes—Striking or notable geologic landscapes and features.
- Abstract Images—The patterns of geology at any scale, photomicrographs to satellite images.
- Geologic Processes Past and Present—Process or feature resulting from a specific process. For example: An erupting volcano or volcanic rocks that represent ancient eruptions.
For ease of review of the entries by the judging committee, please send file(s) in jpeg format and no larger than 1 MB. If your image is chosen for the calendar, we’ll ask you to send a high-resolution file and to sign a form granting GSA permission to use the image in a variety of media. You will retain all rights to your image.
How to Enter
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Calendar Submission”:
- Your name, email, and mailing address.
- A caption describing the image(s), plus a photo credit, including a one-sentence bio if you like. Feel free to include information on how you captured the image.
- Up to three (3) images in landscape orientation, in jpeg format, and no larger than 1 MB each.
- Name your file using your initial and last name (e.g., FBascom_image1.jpg).
- Digital images only; no slides or scans, please.
- Landscape orientation. (Images will print in an area of about 10 by 13 inches.)
- If your photo is chosen, we’ll need a very good quality, high-resolution image, so send only your best work.
By submitting image(s) to the 2019 GSA Calendar Photo Search, you agree to gratis use of your images by GSA in a calendar and in promotional materials. GSA employees are not eligible to enter.
Deadline: 26 March 2018