|Download the Brochure|
Frequently Asked Questions
- When does my online profile expire?
- Can I deactivate my profile temporarily and then reactivate it later?
- Can I tell if employers have viewed my profile?
- What do I do if I forget my login name and/or password?
- How soon is my profile available for viewing after I register?
- When at the GSA Annual Meeting, where do I go for my interview?
- How do I register for the Interview Service at the GSA Annual Meeting?
- Do I need to check in before attending an interview?
- What should I do on site?
- 1. When does my online profile expire?
- Your profile automatically expires on 30 April. For example, if you register any time during , your profile will expire on 30 April of the following year. This allows your profile to be visible and your registration to be active for the GSA Annual Meeting. Every April you will receive an e-mail reminder to reactivate your resume for another year if you want it to remain active.
- 2. Can I deactivate my profile temporarily and then reactivate it later?
- Yes. As long as your profile has not yet expired, you may deactivate and reactivate any time you wish. Simply log in to your profile and choose "Activate/Deactivate Your Profile".
- 3. Can I tell if employers have viewed my profile?
- The online system does not currently provide this capability.
- 4. What do I do if I forget my login name and/or password?
- Go to the login screen (https://rock.geosociety.org/employmentService/index2.asp) and click on "DID YOU FORGET YOUR USER NAME OR PASSWORD?" Type in the email address associated with your Interview Service registration and press "Submit". A response including your user name and password will be emailed to you within just a few moments.
- 5. How soon is my profile available for viewing after I register?
- Your profile is available immediately for both viewing and editing. However, if you just joined GSA, it will take 24 hours for the two databases to link together.
- 6. When at the GSA Annual Meeting, where do I go for my interview?
- All interviews will be held in the Interview Service which will be in the Exhibit Hall. Interviews must either be scheduled before you arrive at the Annual Meeting via e-mail or by your cell phone on site. A message service will no longer be offered.
- 7. How do I register for the Interview Service at the GSA Annual Meeting?
- You must register online.
- 8. Do I need to check in before attending an interview?
- You do not need to check in until right before your pre-scheduled interview.
- 9. What should I do on site?
- Look through the bulletin boards for job announcements. Check daily; job announcements may continue to be added.
- If you find an announcement that interests you, e-mail or call that employer's contact information.
- If the employer is interviewing at the Interview Service, they will contact you via e-mail or your cell phone if they would like to meet with you.